Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fun Embellished Denim Jackets!

I have a hard time keeping my hands off plain denim jackets.  I want to embellish them all.  Today I have two that I want to share with you.  First is my version of a jacket I saw on a blog I like: justsomethingimade.com
I chose a loose, hip-length jacket.  I was lucky to find one I liked at D.I. for $5.

The back view has the most vintage patches.
The patches are graphics available from graphicsfairy.blogspot.com
I printed the labels and patches on Colorfast Sew-in Inkjet Fabric Sheets.

After a quick rinse & spin cycle and a tumble in the dryer with a load of towels, the patches are starting to fray nicely. The idea is a worn, comfortable look.

The next jacket is just in time for Halloween!

Back view with owl graphic I scanned from a vintage decoration I got on eBay.

Close-up of Owl

The front is simple, with leaves and rick-rack and  the addition of bottle-cap buttons.
The sleeve cuffs are also embellished with rick-rack.

I have made embellished denim jackets for my grand-daughters and had a lot of fun doing it.  Just think how many things you can do when denim is your canvas.  Go thrifting today!  

2 comments:

Misfit Premium Collections For Men & Women Online said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Misfit Premium Collections For Men & Women Online said...

I am agree with your thoughts thatdenim jackets are always perfect choice for men and women both.