Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fun With 40 Cent Composition Books!

Happy September!
 I love Fall so much, I am practically giddy with excitement.  Labor Day weekend is the kickoff to my holiday crafting season.  It begins with a trip to Swiss Days in Midway, Utah.  That begins tomorrow...More on that later.  I went to Walmart today to buy a blue 55 gallon water barrel. (September is also National Preparedness Month.)  Anyway, I got sidetracked in the school supplies aisle and saw these:

I love the graphic covers on the original composition books, but look how cool these are!  They are only 40 cents each and the store was loaded with them!  I thought it would be fun to dress them up.
Using scrapbooking scraps and some nifty graphics from graphicsfairy.blogspot.com, I went to work.  This is the finished product:
 
Book Front

Book Back

I made some a few years ago.  I even made a miniature version that I have carried in my purse since 2007.  I use it for to-do lists and my yearly Christmas shopping lists.  I jot down recipes and addresses in it as well.


Book Front and Back.  It's only 3.5 inches by 4.5 inches and hasn't suffered much from being in my purse all these years.  Probably because I modge-podged the dickens out it! =D

If I decide to make more books I'll add the pictures in later.  Isn't an editing function great!  Have a great afternoon.  I'm going to start redecorating my porch and front door for fall!

P.S. New Book with a French Theme! 

Book Front
Book Back


No comments: