Thursday, September 5, 2013

Quick, Fun & Cheap...Burlap Owl Pictures!

Whoo's Crafting Halloween?
He's winking at you...yes, you're the guilty party!
 
I couldn't believe my eyes when I found the display of stretched burlap frames at Walmart last weekend!  What could be better for Halloween crafting?  They were cheap inexpensive and came in a nice variety of sizes.  I bought 6" by 8" (two for $3.47) and 10" by 10" ($4.47).  I later went back and bought a bunch more...if you snooze, you lose, right?
 
 
I brushed a coat of modpodge on the owl pics before I cut them out.
 
These were so easy...literally only minutes to create!  Note: because I did them in a hurry, the trim on one of my smaller pics needs to be straightened...lol!  For the bigger owl I would use a heavier scrapbook paper or glue it to cardstock.  The orange and black paper was printed on a heavy craft so it has a sturdier feel. 
I love this owl...he looks pretty cranky!
 
Get out of my tree!
 
The possibilities are endless!  If you are like me, you are a graphics hoarder collector or have a bunch  pinned to your Pinterest Halloween boards. 
 
Random Acts of Decorating...
 
 Spooky banner letters from Andrea at  The Cottage Market



I found this little spice rack at a vintage flea market shop...Morgan's Emporium in Idaho Falls.  I thought it would be a fun way to display some of my "littles"...those things that tend to get lost in the crowd.  I backed the shelves with my favorite "newsprint" paper and hung it in my kitchen by the pantry door.  The noisemakers, candle and crepe paper "popper" are from my vintage Halloween collection.
 
Get crafting, my little Halloweenies!
 
 
 
 
Some fun graphics I might use to make more...
I use these a lot...they're my favorites!
 


muted color version


bright color version

 


 
Happy Crafting!



10 comments:

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

You were so smart to grab these frames up! I'll have to head to Wal-Mart and see if there are any left! Thank you thank you! I would have passed right by them!
Oh-LOVE your display shelf!
Erica :)

Margaret said...

I LOVE them! I have to get to Walmart! What a creative idea! Your post hit home with me because I have been in such a decorating for Fall mood! Love you Shirley! Maggie

Tammy's in Love said...

WalMart will be offering you preferred customer status for making referrals! Nice of you to share the graphics so we can all play!

familytribe said...

You are so talented. I'm going to give this a try. Thank you for sharing the images.

Tresa

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I see "whooo's" been crafting!! It's "YOU"!!! Thanks for sharing your ideas and images!
Warmly,
deb

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Wow! I wouldn't expect to find something like that at Walmart! I'll have to look! Love the images you're sharing, too! Thank you!

Musings from Kim K. said...

M.U.S.T. get those frames! They are fabulous! Love your display shelf. This is all so wonderful.

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

What a great find and from Walmart! Thanks for sharing all those cute graphics!! I might have to make some of these too!! :) Have a wonderful weekend!! xo Holly

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

ps. LOVE your vintage display shelf!! :)

Unknown said...

Nicely done Shirley...I love the owl! Thanks for sharing! You know where he's going to show up! LOL! (((hugs)))...Patti m