Friday, November 15, 2013

Christmas Porch 2013...a Little Bit Country!

Cozy Country Cabin Christmas!
My most enduring Christmas fantasy is the Country Cabin Christmas...a crackling fire, flickering candlelight and sleigh bells in the snow.  In my fantasy I am sitting in a cozy chair by the window, drinking hot cocoa and watching lazy snowflakes twirl in a Christmas ballet.  Have you noticed that Christmas must be experienced with all the senses?  I need only add the scent of fresh pine for my fantasy to be complete.  I may never get my country cabin...we own a lot in the mountains above Mount Pleasant, Utah...but it seems that life keeps getting in the way.  So I have to make my home as cozy and welcoming as possible.

My Home...Christmas Porch 2013
I was playing with Fotoflexer to get the antique look for the picture...it seems cozier somehow...at least a bit more interesting.  Last year I decided to look for sale items and thrift store finds that I could use to change my theme from Candy Land to Country Cabin.  It's still a work in progress, but I will keep on the lookout for more fun things for the porch.  I would like to find some old skis and ice skates some day.

Front Door...
Pic doesn't show my favorite blow mold Santa head to the left of the door.

Darling Burlap Owl Wreath...
Walmart last Christmas...they have some really cute ones.
The "paper chains" are metal...I've had them for years.

I want to find some skis to hang where the sign is now.

Burlap Porch Pillows...
I printed postcard images on printable fabric.
The pillows have ties to secure them to the bench in case of blizzards.

Tomato Cage Tree...
Wrapped with lights, burlap, garland and ribbon.

Noel Wreaths...
Redesigned my old candy wreaths for my four front porch windows.
The large letters were chipboard from Michaels bargain bins.

First Crafts of Christmas...
Santa's (messy) Workshop...
I made some ornaments after the wreaths were done.

Little House Shadow Box...
The little house was from Michaels.
A box lid left over from another project.

Tiny Owl in a Christmas Cone.
Hobby Lobby had a package of three small glitter owls.

Another Box Lid Scene...only 3"sq.
Cozy Country Cabin Collection...lol!

Small Rosette with Christmas Card Image...

Rusty Rustic Santa...
Had some rusty wide mouth lids and a bunch of 
made-in-Japan Santa heads.
Another for the CCC tree in the hall.

This little fella was a Pinterest Pin...
Lowes has 69 cent yardsticks.
Scrabble tile letters...Target Snowman (last year)

That's it for now...
More to come!





12 comments:

LBP said...

You are so inspiring! I love your country porch! I have started the inside but not the outside yet. Love your crafts! You have been one busy lady!

Blessings

Linda

Lynn said...

Oh Shirley,
I just love your cabin country Christmas!! I love the ornaments you have made! So cute!
Hugs,
Lynn

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm inspired by all your Christmas crafts. I can't wait to get busy crafting.

Unknown said...

Hi Shirley,
So cute, all of it! I love that vintage look photo of your home! How fun! Your package is going out tomorrow...:) Hugs, Sandy

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Oh your cozy cabin sounds sooo lovely!! I can image it too!! :) Wow looks like you've been busy!! Love all your cute decorations and ornaments you made!! I'm just starting to decorate here and there around the house, I'm wanting to do some more this evening! :) I've been working a few Christmas crafts too....so fun! Love how your tomato cage tree came out! I made two (very simple ones) for decoration for my booth! :) Have a great evening crafting away!! xo Holly

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

You have been busy and I love the country cabin look! Fun little projects. I'm hoping to make some crafts this week...
Warmly,
deb

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You've got a head start on all of us. And what a beautiful home you have. Love the wreaths and ornies you are making. Enjoy your weekend!

Unknown said...

We share the same Christmas fantasy. Your porch looks lovely indeed! I'm afraid someone will steal my porch items or that the snow will destroy them. Maybe I'll be brave and bring out more items this year :/). Sandy xo

Perfectly Printed said...

I LOVE your porch! You have been one busy lady!!! Can't wait to see what you do next!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Love it all Shirley! The snow today was perfect for your decorated porch. I have not started yet. My family loves for me to wait until after Thanksgiving. I hate that it's so late this year. I really am getting in the mood. I like changing things around a little each year. Getting excited to see if my new ideas for the porch work out. I love all of your creative ornaments too!
hugs,
Jann

Unknown said...

So Festive and screams HOLIDAY!!!
I love the ruler ornament...so unique! Great Job and Post!! Thanks Shirley... Loretta

luckys said...

scrabblewordseek.com
Thank you sharing useful information for us. i always read your blog.