Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Send in the Clowns!

Don't bother...they're here...
Left is another entry in the parade of dress form people I have been having fun with.  I have a wedding in three days and I should be concentrating on the endless list of chores that need to be done...instead I have been practicing creative avoidance.  My list of characters keeps getting longer and longer.  I had to go back to Popalicious Too  the Etsy shop, and order a few more.  There are so many projects I want to do...but when inspiration strikes...one has to act while the iron is hot!

One inspiration for a future DFP came from Pinterest...the coolest, wickedest looking witch.  I'm sure mine will be radically different when I'm done...but isn't she cool!  I will be looking out for the perfect paper to use for her dress.


She is a creation of...

A little bit of a closeup.

I found the cute wee redbird in a box of random vintage Christmas doo-dads.

Some Random Shower Pics....
The Cupcakes!  Red Velvet from Dippidee.  So yummy!

More Door Prizes...the prettiest mugs ever from the Disney Store.

My sweet Amber at the party.

Thank you for letting me share some of my projects and ideas.  I've gotten so much inspiration from all of you!  


9 comments:

laura said...

Amber looks gorgeous!
I wish I could have come. I missed out on an awesome day with you all. :(
I love the lady and the tramp mugs. I could see the witch being one in the nightmare before christmas that is what I have in my head right now lol. I love you Aunt Shirley

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Shirley,
Your dress forms are sweet! Carol at My Polka Dot Closet is having a dress form Ball and I'm sure your dress forms would love to go!
Awesome shower! My daughter is an Amber too!
Deb

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

oh my i LOVE THE CLOWN dress form!!!! how awesome is that!!!!!! : ) truly made me SMILE!!!!! whohoooooo for you -- keep um coming!!!!! sending hugs!!!!!

Unknown said...

Love it all! And I really love your new Banner!!!! So pretty!!!! Over to see your friend's Etsy store...:)

Mecky said...

Those are so cute!!

Cindy said...

Shirley...I am admiring your new banner....love the vintage!

The dress forms are new to me...I must check these out....so cute!

The shower looked scrumptious...and so cute!

Hugs Cindy from Rick-Rack and
Gingham

Lynn Stevens said...

I do think I'll need to be making a little witch for myself. So many inspiring projects!

I do believe they see Stampers Sampler at Hobby Lobby!
Hugs Lynn

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Shirley,
Those are so cute! Now I want to get some!
I also, wanted to stop by and give you an award. Please stop by my blog when you have time and pick it up!
Blessings,
Susie
http://littlesusiehomemaker-lilsusiehomaker.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love your dress form!!! Your creations are awesome! Hi, welcome to my blog! I am so happy you are here. I just know we are going to share great ideas! Hope your day be a delightful one!
Hugs, Loretta