Sunday, January 8, 2012

Valentine and Bridal Shower Projects!

Blue Bird Candy House...
Amber's bridal shower will be held at our house on January 28.  I'm working on a Vintage Bride theme for the wedding dinner, but I decided to go with Vintage Valentines for the shower.  That way I can craft to my heart's content and still be ready for the party. Yesterday I finally finished the first project...a pink and blue Valentine house decorated with blue birds and candy hearts.


This was fun!  I usually make these into gingerbread houses.
If I were to do this again, I would use red glitter glue around the windows.
They look better than the picture shows, though.

I've always believed that the back of a house should be just as cute as the front.
(I wish some of the people in town had thought of that...I hate boring expanses of stucco!)

Blue Bird Invitations...
Yes, I know these aren't Valentines per se...but I did stick to the blue bird theme.
Since I've been learning to make tags...I decided to make tag-like invitations.
The papers are loosely layered, though.

Blog Books...
I liked the idea of having a blog book printed...but when I saw it would be almost $100 just to print 4 1/2 months of blog...I am making my own.  I just cut and paste the posts to Word.  It keeps the format and looks pretty much like what you get in the Blog Book.  I've been making individual folders on Word for each month.  When a month's worth is pasted, I print it...put the pages in sheet protectors...then put them in a 3" three ring binder.  I am making cute divider pages for each month and decorating the outside of the binder as well.  Once I am finished with 2011...I will simply print each month as it comes...easy peasy!  I got this idea from another blogger...I sure wish I remembered which one, so I could thank her personally.

Thank you, Bloggers-I-Follow, for the inspiration you give me every day.
I want you all to know that I (try to) read every one of your posts!






5 comments:

LBP said...

Your Valentine Victorian house is just adorable! I would never have thought to make one for Valentines Day. I left my small, pink Christmas tree out to decorate for Valentines Day only to remember that I gave away my heart ornaments when I was on a cleaning spree!

Have a great week!

Linda

LBP said...

Your Valentine Victorian house is just adorable! I would never have thought to make one for Valentines Day. I left my small, pink Christmas tree out to decorate for Valentines Day only to remember that I gave away my heart ornaments when I was on a cleaning spree!

Have a great week!

Linda

Lynn said...

Shirley,
The house is lovely and the blog book is a wonderful ideal!! Wow, that much to make your posts into a book!! I like that ideal that you are doing lots better
! The invitations are super duper cute!!
Hugs,

Betsy said...

Hi Shirley,

Your house is just as cute as can be! And the invitations are adorable. I just love bluebirds on anything. This time of year all the pinks and reds just bring so much cheer.

Betsy

Betsy said...

Hi Shirley,

Your house is just as cute as can be! And the invitations are adorable. I just love bluebirds on anything. This time of year all the pinks and reds just bring so much cheer.

Betsy