Thursday, September 8, 2011

Welcome Fall Front Door!

 

This post is short and sweet!  Just a look at my front door as I get ready for fall.  In a week or two I will add more Halloween type items: vintage-style black cats, candy corns, fake candy sticks, etc. September is kind of a sunflower, Olde Crow kind of month.  September sunlight slants at a different angle with a warm golden glow.


How do you welcome Fall?  Not...I hope...with a funeral mourning the passing of Summer!  I feel more creative and energized in the fall. In the movie, "You've Got Mail" Tom Hanks character writes, "Don't you just love fall?  It makes me want to  buy school supplies."  He even offered to bring Meg Ryan's character a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils.  That's how autumn makes me feel...I want new school clothes!






One more picture.  A front door from some years ago.  That's Jack in the doorway, ready to welcome Trick-or-Treaters.  We lost Jack a few weeks ago.  It's been a bitter-sweet ending to Summer.
Have a golden fall day!

                    

No comments: