Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Antiquing Day! And More Halloween Decor!

I had a great day.  My sister, Patti, and I went to the antique mall in Springville.  I've been looking for some vintage baby shoes to make some pretty pincushions.  I saw one I loved on one of my favorite blogs,
"The Feathered Nest"  http://the-feathered-nest.blogspot.com/

 Isn't it precious? 
Dawn sells her professional-quality tutorials on Etsy.

I found the exact shoes at D.I. for $1 for the pair.
The Pixie Elf planter will also become a pincushion.

Here are two I saw for sale that were quite pretty.

 The vendor who put these potholders up for sale doesn't charge enough for her treasures.
The dress was only $2.75 and the round yellow one was only $1.
Note:  One of the vendors suggested that a clothesline of little dresses and panties would look cute as a garland.

This shadow box was a fun thing to find.  It was less than $10 and the vintage pins and buttons are worth more than that!  This will go on my sewing room wall.

You've seen my Halloween lantern collection.  Wait 'til you get a load of my vintage Santas and Snowmen!
These 1968 Santas are in almost new condition.  And they were a steal at $2 each at D.I.

 
I didn't need this child's doll suitcase, but I couldn't resist the graphics.
Maybe I'll use it to store lace and trims.

 More Halloween Decor and Giveaway Reminder
I've made a promise to myself to take it easy on the Halloween displays.  Less is more...right?  I've decided to limit myself to a few really great pieces in the living room...that looky-no-touchy room that never gets used.  But the family room is getting the whole enchilada.

The top half of my antique hutch. 
The bottom had a reflection issue with a mirror.
It's a start! More later.

Giveaway Reminder...
The Halloween Rag Runner Giveaway ends Sunday at Midnight.
Leave a comment in the Comment Box on Wednesday's Rag Runner post to enter.

Has anyone gone up the canyon yet to see if the leaves are changing?


Sweet Halloween Bear


No comments: